All Oasis youth development programs encourage respect, teamwork and tolerance for one another, as well as promote healthy and productive life long habits. They directly support working families by providing a safe haven for their children from the tough streets of Paterson outside of school hours.
Our After-School Academy serves 100 children aged 6 – 12. The children receive intensive academic support, including homework help and fun learning programs such as robotics and STEAM activities. Oasis also provides individual and group counseling services to all youth enrolled in our programs. These sessions include "stress-buster" activities, anti-bullying coping skills, time management lessons, and self-esteem workshops.
Our staff includes certified teachers and tutors, providing a 1:4 ratio of adults to student.
*For More information and to sign up contact Megan McLaughlin
(973) 881-8307 X135 or by email at MeganMcLaughlin@oasisnj.org*
This program serves girls and boys aged 13-18 from area middle and high schools. It is designed to empower teens to become strong, independent, and thoughtful. The program has a 9 month rolling curriculum that covers 6 main "pods":
*For More information and to sign up contact Jessica Egger973) 881-8307 X133 or by email at JessicaEgger@oasisnj.org*
- Academic goal setting and achievement (homework help, STEAM, robotics)
- Arts (visual and performing arts education, zentangle, DIY projects)
- College and career planning (SAT classes, financial aid classes, college visits)
- Leadership/community service (volunteer work, leadership projects)
- Life Skills (financial literacy, self-esteem building, personal care and safety)
- Physical fitness/healthy living (yoga, fitness and nutrition classes)
Camp serves 170 children (85 per each month-long session) aged 6 – 12 each summer.
Children split their time between Oasis, Mary Help of Christians Academy Summer Camp, and the Wyckoff Family YMCA Summer Camp. 10 full-time camp counselors, many of whom are Paterson residents, are hired through our “First Jobs” Program in partnership with the Henry and Marilyn Taub Foundation. High school and college volunteers also prepare and lead special activities and programs each session.
*For More information and to sign up contact Jim Walsh
(973) 881-8307 X123 or by email at JimWalsh@oasisnj.org*
On Saturdays during the school year the following programs are available:
- Photography (Paterson Youth Photography Project) - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Dance - 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Cooking - 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Art - 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Math & reading tutoring - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- ESL 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- SAT/ACT prep (for Juniors and Seniors only) - 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Robotics - 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
*For more information and to sign up contact Jim Walsh to register
(973) 881-8307 x123 or by email JimWalsh@oasisnj.org*
Oasis is the lead agency helping transform Paterson Public School 2 into a full-service community school. Oasis has implemented a highly academic After-School Program at School 2, which is modeled after our highly-successful After-School Academy.
Oasis also provides the families of School 2 with a range of services, including psychosocial services, basic needs (meals, clothing), parent workshops (Abriendo Puerta’s) and family engagement nights. We work intensively with School 2 administration and staff members to provide for the children and their families.
To learn more about the services at School 2, contact Jessica Abreu, Full Service Community School Coordinator. (973) 321-0020 X 20205 or by email at JessicaAbreu@oasisnj.org